GOD meant for Marriages to be Good!

 Tips from a successful Marriage

And the Lord  God said,
“It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

Genesis 2:18 NKJV

“Marriage relationships, as in most unions are not always easy. I have found that just the little things in life can make things go wrong quickly. But my husband and I have made a commitment to each other.”

I am in love with him and he is in love with me and we are so happy. We get along about 90% of the time, But the other 10%  can make it difficult at times. What I have found to work for us, is when my husband is in a bad mood because of his business, I will greet him with a kiss and leave him to himself. He seems to come around later that evening with a better mood and the rest of the night is pleasant, This always him to destress without distraction and if he wants to talk I am here to listen. But when I am upset about something and I need to talk to him, I test the temperature of both of us to make sure we have a cool head.  So that I am not talking from emotions, I always pray about my conversation I am going to have with him so God can help me to speak to him so he can receive it.  This is so important because we may have the right intentions, but the wrong delivery and misunderstanding can take place. 

One of our rules that have helped us to stay at peace and in love, is never to let being upset, stop us from being kind to one another and never going to bed without a goodnight kiss. I find in a relationships, you don’t have to comment on every single thing. Don’t sweat the small stuff. It helps to keep a sense of humor also. Life is short, and Love covers a multitude of faults. Don’t take yourself too seriously and keep pride out of your marriage. I  feel it is a beautiful thing being together and having a spouse as a good friend to talk to.

“One of our rules that have helped us to stay at peace and in love, is never to let being upset, stop us from being kind to one another and never going to bed without a goodnight kiss”

Showing each other that you love and appreciate one another And always saying Thank you is a reaffirming practice that strengthens the relationship. I give my husband thank you cards when he sends me flowers or takes me out to dinner etc. I consider myself a loving Christian Lady and my husband always shower me with gifts of love and appreciation. Always be proud of your mate and respect him. Feel free to compliment him. And always do things to show your appreciation throughout the year to keep the relationship strong. By the way, my husband says we are good 99% of the time and that 1% is when he drives too fast.

Dorothy D.
DorothysStyles.com

Advertisements

One thought on “GOD meant for Marriages to be Good!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s